Medical Video: How To Reduce High Blood Pressure Naturally | How To Prevent High Blood Pressure Naturally
Low blood pressure aka hypotension occurs when the heart pumps blood to all arteries of blood in the body with very low strength. Low blood pressure can also be caused by several conditions such as pregnancy and changing hormones. Then, how to deal with low blood pressure other than consuming drugs?
Overcoming low blood pressure through lifestyle changes
You might be able to take certain steps to help reduce or even prevent symptoms of low blood pressure. Here's the guide.
1. Drink lots of water, reduce alcohol
Alcohol and dehydration can reduce blood pressure. If you drink enough water you can reduce dehydration and increase blood volume. So, avoid drinking alcohol if you have low blood pressure or hypotension. Don't forget, fill your fluid needs so you don't dehydrate by drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day.
2. Live a healthy diet
You can eat a variety of foods to treat low blood pressure. For example grains, fruits, and vegetables. Well, fruits and vegetables that can help deal with low blood pressure naturally include:
- Watermelon. The water content in one watermelon can reach 92 percent. This large amount of water can help the body to increase blood pressure.
- Beetroot. This fruit can be used as a blood booster, besides it can also help you control blood pressure. Every 100 grams of beet contains sodium at 36 mg and potassium at 330 mg.
- Spinach. This vegetable contains 4 mg of sodium in a 100 gram portion. The amount is small indeed, but spinach contains enough water, which is equal to 92 percent. So, you can use spinach to control blood pressure.
3. When changing body position, do it slowly
You can reduce dizziness and kliyengan which occurs because of low blood pressure when changing from a lying position to a standing position. Here's how:
- Before you wake up in the morning, take a deep breath for a few minutes.
- Slowly sit down, for about a minute, before standing up.
- Sleeping with double pillows or high pillows can also help fight the effects of gravity that can make you dizzy.
If you start feeling dizzy orkliyengan when you stand up, stretch your leg muscles as if you want to kick forward.This movement can help blood circulation while preventing blood from suddenly pooling in your feet when you get up.
4. Pay attention to your diet
To help prevent blood pressure from falling sharply after eating, it's better to eat a little but often. Don't forget, limit foods that are high in carbohydrates such as potatoes, rice, pasta and bread.
The doctor may also recommend drinking caffeinated coffee or tea to temporarily increase blood pressure. However, because caffeine has the potential to cause other problems, consult your doctor before drinking caffeine.