Medical Video: 5 secrets of Olive Oil | Why olive oil is best for skin care
The benefits of olive oil are not only for food, but also for beauty. This one oil does have many benefits, both those applied from outside and from inside the body. The ingredients in olive oil are vitamins E and K, and fatty acids. Not only useful for the skin, vitamin E is also useful for hair.
Olive oil has a moisturizing function, which makes it good for hair. Don't be surprised if olive oil can be used as a conditioner. This is supported by claims that other benefits obtained are to make the hair shine, soft, and strong.
What are the benefits of olive oil for hair?
In addition to the vitamins mentioned above, olive oil also contains chemical elements such as oleic acid, palmitic acid, and squalene. These three elements are emollients that offer a function of quality softness. The following are the benefits of olive oil for hair that you can get:
1. Reducing dandruff
When you combine olive oil and lemon juice, the results you get are hair free from dandruff. If your hair is dry and the scalp is easily peeled off, acid in lemon juice can help eliminate dandruff, while olive oil will help moisturize the flaking scalp. Mix a balanced dose between lemon juice and olive oil, with a little extra water. Gently massage into the scalp, leave for 20 minutes, rinse and wash with shampoo. Use this treatment once a week.
2. Overcoming split ends
When your hair is susceptible to damage, branching, wrinkling and causing your hair to look messy and untreated, olive oil can be the solution. Just a few drops of olive oil can help soften your hair. The effect on hair is to become heavy and moist, and to repair hair quickly. Also, when your hair is messy, you can outsmart it with just a few drops on your finger, apply it after you have arranged your hair. Messy hair is resolved.
4. Restore the natural luster of your hair
The hair conditioner runs out? You don't need to worry, olive oil can be the solution. In addition to the moisture of your hair again, the end result that you can get is hair that looks healthy and shiny. In addition to vitamins E and K, olive oil is also rich in vitamin A and antioxidants. This content can protect keratin in the hair and hold back the moisture. Olive oil can eliminate sebum buildup which inhibits the growth of new hair follicles and inhibits hair growth.
5. Make hair easy to arrange
Dry hair and lack of vitamin intake are sometimes difficult to arrange, permeate or straighten. Olive oil can be used to overcome this. The trick is to coat your hair with half a cup of olive oil. Then, let stand for 30 minutes. When your hair is moist enough, your hair will be easier to arrange.
How do you use olive oil as a conditioner?
Here's the steps to using olive oil as a conditioner:
- Menakarnya: if you don't know the right dose for your hair, try 2 tablespoons for your first treatment.
- Massage: Apply olive oil while gently squeezing the hair for just a few minutes. If your scalp is dry, massage can be done up to the scalp.
- Rinse: use shampoo afterwards and see the results when your hair is dry. Maybe you can apply shampoo twice, if it's not enough.
Who should use olive oil for hair?
You can also apply olive oil to:
- Thick hair - Olive oil has many benefits for dry and thick hair. While in oily hair, the scalp does not need a conditioner. Actually, you also don't always have to apply olive oil to the scalp.
- Hair that has undergone a chemical process - When your hair has been colored, maybe the hair will dry easily. Applying olive oil can make it moist again. Wait until 72 hours after you make a chemical process arrangement, before you apply olive oil. If you use olive oil on your hairbleaching, make sure to test it first, because it is feared it will cause a green streak after using it
- Branching out - You can apply olive oil at least 5 cm from the bottom of the hair to damaged hair.